Gallagher/BHTA 70th Anniversary Awards Gala
“Revitalized and Renewed”
This year marks the 70th Anniversary of the Barbados Hotel and Tourism Association.
To honour this significant milestone, the Association’s Board of Directors, Membership and Secretariat will be celebrating with a calendar of activity from June 2022 until June 2023.
Our signature event will be the prestigious Gallagher/BHTA 70th Anniversary Awards Gala, slated for Friday, December 9, 2022, at Sandals Barbados, where sixteen (16) esteemed awards will be presented in the following categories:
- BHTA Hotel of the Year – Luxury
- BHTA Hotel of the Year – A Class
- BHTA Hotel of the Year – B Class & Apartments
- BHTA Vacation Rental Property Management Company of the Year
- BHTA Business Excellence Award – Restaurant
- BHTA Business Excellence Award – Attraction
- BHTA Business Excellence Award – Supporting Member
- BHTA Business Excellence Award – Tourism Industry Supplier
- BHTA Business Excellence Award – Tourism Industry Partner
- BHTA Social Responsibility Award
- BHTA Tourism Employee of the Year
- BHTA Special Award in response to COVID-19
- Chairman’s Lifetime Achievement Award
The biennial awards ceremony, customarily held at the end of the two-year tenure of each BHTA Chairman, was last hosted in 2018 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result, two Lifetime Achievement Awards will be presented this year by immediate Past Chairmen of the Association, Stephen Austin, and Geoffrey Roach, who served during the period 2018-2021.
Nominations for BHTA Awards are open to any person, accommodation property, restaurant, activity/attraction, industry supplier, service provider or supporter of the industry for outstanding performance and contribution to the growth, development, and sustainability of the industry. The only criterion is that they must be members of the Association.
Interested in sponsoring the event, click here.
For further Info: Contact the BHTA Secretariat @ 622-5041/5042